About this Job
Geo-Technology Associates, Inc (GTA) is looking to fill a position for a Entry Level Concrete Field Technician located in Quakertown, PA. This Job is a great opportunity for anyone with a construction background looking to change their career. This job has a labor component to it, but would not be considered labor intensive. Although experience is preferred it is not required. GEO-TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATES, INC. (GTA) will provide in house and on the job training as well as pay for you to become certified as Concrete Field Technician by the American Concrete Institute. This is an entry level position. People who perform well in our concrete division will have the opportunity to cross train and become an Engineering Technician.
• Collecting fresh samples of concrete and Performing quality control testing (Temperature, Slump, Air and Unit Weight and Molding Cylinders) for Concrete, Grout and Mortar in the field
• Transporting and logging in concrete and masonry samples into the lab.
• Must be available to work overnight and on weekends.
• Observing and documenting construction activities to assure compliance with technical specifications.
• Prepare daily field reports and test summaries documenting work.
• Interacting with contractors, clients, and GTA personnel to evaluate site conditions and participate in work progress meetings.
• Work closely with experienced professionals who will mentor and train you to jump start your career in the industry.
-Own reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and a satisfactory driving record
-Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (Visa sponsorship not available)
-Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
-Enjoy working outdoors
-Ability to lift up to 75 lbs unaided and up to 100lbs with assistance; frequent bending, hammering and other repetitious movements
-Must have safety toe boots
- ACI certifications are a plus, but not required
GTA offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
We ensure nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and all revisions and addendums thereof.
PLEASE NOTE: Any salary range listed for this position was assigned by Indeed, NOT Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA), and should not be considered accurate.